Please click on the questions below to view the answers

A Septic tank is the old fashioned way of sewage treatment – it stores solids and then offers a limited treatment to liquids.  It is essential that septic tanks are emptied before the solids overflow.  A traditional sewage treatment plant is based on a septic tank, where it again stores solids but offers more treatment to the liquids.  It is also essential that the solids are emptied at least once per year and in many cases, this can be as low as three months depending upon manufacturer and size.  A Bio-Pure treats the solids as well as the liquids by means of the extended aeration treatment.  This means that it can run up to five years without requiring emptying.  It also eliminates the smelly, primary settlement tank that both septic tanks and traditional sewage treatment plants use.

Yes. A typical plant will, but it must be remembered that the tank relies on bacteria to eat the sewage. A few simple steps will ensure your plant runs for 5 years between emptying.

Yes, but the cleaning products must be used in sensible quantities, remember that the chemicals can destroy the bacteria, which is essential to enable the system to work effectively.  See the page ‘Do’s and Don’ts’ for guidelines on using the Bio-Pure.

In simple terms this is usually the number of bedrooms in your property plus 2. i.e. a 3 bedroom property is classed as 5 persons and a 4 bedroom property is classed as 6 persons.  Please note that this only refers to residential property. For non-residential property the population equivalent differs depending on the purpose of the property (i.e. kitchen, campsite etc). Please contact us so that we can tell you the correct size Bio-Pure that would be needed.

Yes we do install in some areas, in other areas we work with independent contractors.

The Bio-Pure should be at least 7m away from the domestic dwelling.

Yes, the Bio-pure meets the Environment Agency’s requirements for Consent to Discharge.

Consent to Discharge is a legal requirement from the Environment Agency.  It is now broken down into an exemption discharge and a permit to discharge. Everyone should have either a permit or exemption. Find out which one you should apply for on our consent page.